Ageing skin happens to everyone. It starts with a little crinkle around your eyes. Charming, you tell yourself. Next, you notice your complexion isn’t as even and glowy as it once was. Hmm. Is that a faint line forming across your forehead? Maybe you’re just imagining things.
Your skin grows more dull and tired each day, even though you are getting a full night of sleep most nights and faithfully using a high-end exfoliating scrub. You begin to suspect the worst.
That’s right, your skin is ageing. Like most of us, you never imagined this day would come. Welcome to your 30’s.
Our plan for you
1. Call now for a consultation on 1300 370 307.
2. Sit down with our Doctor or nurse to discuss treatment.
3. Receive your vampire facial treatment.
4. Walk out of the clinic with a big smile!
Is a vampire facial (aka PRP facial) right for you?
This anti-aging treatment is perfect for eliminating early signs of aging, particularly lines around the eyes and mouth. It boosts natural collagen production over several weeks to months after treatment and revives tired, uneven skin.
Most patients notice dramatically firmer, glowing skin and softer wrinkles after getting a vampire facial, but this treatment will not make your face look the way it did years ago. Patients who are just beginning to see the effects of skin aging will get the most benefit.
If you have more advanced signs of aging such as deep set wrinkles, PRP can help, but other solutions may also be required to get the results you want. PRP can be combined with other anti-aging treatments. Our skincare specialists will ask about your concerns and recommend a treatment plan after giving you a full skin evaluation.
Losing cheek fullness change your face so much?
What is PRP (platelet rich plasma)?
Your blood contains red blood cells, white blood cells, and plasma. The plasma is like liquid gold because it contains platelets and growth factors that can be drawn and used to rejuvenate your skin. We use a centrifuge to separate the liquid plasma from the other parts of your blood so that we can inject it into the superficial layers of your skin during treatment.
Why should you try a vampire facial instead of something else?
A vampire facial may sound a little gory to the average person. But trust us when we say that the results can leave your skin looking anything but scary. In fact, once you learn about its age-defying benefits, you might be eager to try it out yourself!
The vampire facial offers a natural way to improve the appearance of your skin quickly and without having to go under the knife. It also costs a lot less than a facelift, and all skin tones can take advantage of the procedure. Plus, it’s Kim Kardashian approved, and you could say she knows a thing or two about cosmetic beauty treatments.
This is a gentler alternative to CO2 and fractionated lasers. It has fewer side effects such as unwanted post-treatment pigmentation and white patches caused by melanin loss. The reason it is different is because laser work by using heat to damage the skin and promote cell repair. Instead, the PRP facial just uses your body’s own nutrients and a gentle dermapen microneedling to stimulate skin renewal with woundless healing.
Many medical facial treatments have a long recovery time, but the downtime from PRP is only 3 to 7 days. Most patients see up to a 60% improvement with just one session. Repeating treatments builds on results.
Who should not get PRP treatments?
What to expect during your treatment
The PRP facial has four steps:
- Blood drawn: A small amount of blood (just 2 to 4 tbsp.) will be drawn from your arm with a quick, nearly painless prick of a needle.
- Blood taken to lab: The blood tube is placed in a machine called a centrifuge, which separates the plasma from the red and white blood cells. Plasma contains a high concentration of platelets and nutrients that will be applied to your skin in the next step.
- Blood injected: Next, the plasma is administered into your epidermis where it feeds your skin from the inside out. It is injected superficially using a dermapen. This looks like a narrow wand, which our skincare expert will gently whisk over your skin in small circles. Don’t worry — a topical numbing cream will be applied first so treatment won’t be uncomfortable.
- Mask: At the end of your treatment, a soothing peptide sheet mask comforts your skin and locks in the ingredients, infusing your skin with even more nutrients and intensive moisture.
The procedure takes about 45 minutes to one hour. It has a fast recovery and minimal side effects. You may have a bit of redness and peeling afterwards. These tend to go away within 3 to 7 days.
Results can take a few weeks to months to appear as new healthy skin grows as it gets the nourishing PRP that was injected. A minimum of 3 treatments is recommended for best results.
Does a vampire facial hurt?
While the procedure does involve the extraction of your own blood, don’t panic! This trendy yet bizarre anti-aging treatment is minimally invasive, requires little downtime, and most importantly, it is safe and only slightly uncomfortable. A topical numbing cream will be applied to your skin so you will be comfortable and relaxed from start to finish.
Get your glow on with a vampire facial today
Message or call us at Specialist Skin Solutions on 1300 370 307 to book your appointment for a vampire facial now.
Read our blog article on the vampire facial
Want more in-depth information about the vampire facial? read our blog article: “How vampire facials can give you more youthful, glowing skin”